Thursday, October 23, 2008

in consideration of the recent past

To the people who have seen me doing stupid things and making an ass of myself: Thank you for your tolerance.
To the people who would be hurt by things I've done: I'm sorry. Simple words don't make up for everything, but it's an important start.
To the people I've annoyed: I will be more what I was when you met me and first became interested
To the people I've been good with / to / for / you-get-the-idea: I hope to continue in the same manner.

Once again, I'm seeing where the good can come out of a bad circumstance, or fucked up situation. There are those that say as long as you can keep finding that element, then you're still on the right track. Perhaps that's overly charitable, but there is a kernel of truth in it.

This is not to suggest that we cling to tiny truths in justification of our shortcomings. It's just good to know.

No comments: