Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Non-Intellectual

Okay sometimes I really want to write a piercingly intelligent, keenly insightful, thought provoking piece on deeply academic issues. I have never attained the heights I would like to with That aspiration, but there is always the flipside...

Sometimes it comes down to this: I drink swill, I swear like a sailor, I want to smoke and fuck and get in the occasional fight. I want to run til I drop (let's say skate, because then it takes hours instead of just a few blocks). I like the acid sting as the sweat channels itself down the scars in either eyebrow and straight into my eye, temporarily blinding me. I like smelling gross from too much sweat and grime. Although it sucks at the moment it occurs, there are even occasions where a good road-rash inducing fall has its merits. Sometimes I walk slowly into the cold cold water and let it chill me piecemeal to the bone til there's nothing left but cold steely will. (Anyone can simply dive straight under, that ain't no thang). I look at girls who are way too young for me and I maintain that a pool cue may be the only tool you ever need to have a good job. I believe one of the cores of humour is another persons misfortune and I say it's funny cuz it's not me. I spew sarcasm and enjoy when it comes back at me - if it's done well. People who can't do sarcasm but try to anyway just bother me. I drive aggressively, but intelligently and Yes I Am a real Mario Andretti, officer, so kiss my pearly northern ass!

- I split my infinitives, and make comma splices. I use semicolons without a second thought as to sentence construction; it makes me giggle.*

I could go on, but you must get the idea by now. This is not the "all the time" Jason. Sometimes I can be very suave, cultured and classy. Perhaps a few of you have even seen this side of me.

I only mention these things today because I have realized that they are traits that I seek in others as well. Again, not "all the time" in others, but there has to be a willingness to work with it.

Lovely. Write. Respond. Tell me your dirty, stupid and socially unacceptable habits.

*this paragraph was for one person in particular, hope you appreciated it...

No comments: