Sunday, July 30, 2006

Seasonal Obligations to self, (follow my example)

Telling you to follow my example is a little poncy. You will bloody well ignore it anyway if you are so inclined, but at least do the reading:

It occurs to me that the seasons are a Major influence on life up here. I have quite by coincidence run into several people I know on the boardwalk this week. It has been quite pleasant. Have you been down to Ramsey this year?

I ask because I realize that I did not ice skate on Ramsey last year at all. Now I'm sure you realize that winter can kiss my pearly northern ass, But skating and skiing make up for winter's transgressions. By and Large. Ergo, one should get out and Do these things. Me? Not once. Neither activity. Haven't made a snowfort or had a decent snowball fight since I've lived here.

I don't particularly care if I am too old for such behaviour. Anyone who would like to make that suggestion will get a snowball for free, regardless of the current season, I have that power.

So the point I am working towards here is that there are things that match the seasons, which should be accompanied with each season. Here are some:

1) Winter: Skating Ramsey, Skiing - wherever but I guess Adanac, Snowball fight - preferably at School and well timed to include the more lighthearted and libertine profs, cafeteria workers and admin. Some will say Polar Bear dip - if you want to, may I suggest doing it but once, on New Year's Day. Loonies.

2) Spring: Spring Camp Downpour - if you don't get totally drenched you did it wrong, Hike one of the better trails, Low-Temp skinny dipping - also see above.

1 comment:

SimAC said...

Had you been thinking clearly, you would come to the light of knowledge that shows just how few of my regular readers will Ever want to know about my sex life. Not that I wouldn't write a little, but I would need at least ten serious requests for it. Nobody requests anything but photos here, and I have yet to do that so...