Thursday, January 11, 2007

Instance and interrupt

This is issue #177. Ten letters from now I shall write about homicide.

In the meantime I shall talk about the trouble with holidays. It takes me some time to get my momentum going. By the time of year when we nail people to crosses, errmm... that is Celebrate their life, I am in full swing. I am all engines go. Then comes this nearly month long interrupt that messes with all my good efforts.

The trip to see family, the extra parties that go with the cultural attitude (parties are fun), the spending to prove you're a good person - it all gets in the way. From a work point of view I'd be much happier bypassing the holidays.

New Year's Eve is okay, because it's a one off. Now I should also point out how family seems to go slightly insane at this time of year, until you are face to face and suddenly they are stone cold sober and sane. Unnerving effect, as far as I am concerned.

Where was I? Oh! Yes, I am really out of whack with my classes. Damn you, holidays! It would be best to have only reading week early in the new year. We really don't need more than that.

No comments: