Sunday, July 31, 2005

Prizes Can't Be Cut In Half

To answer the question of a previous commentator: No, prizes are prizes in their solidarity and unity only. The song previously posted was indeed Leonard Cohen. Having copied it from memory, some of the lines are wrong. I knew this at the time, but my plan was that someone would know the song so well that they would correct me and I would be so impressed that I would try to take them to bed.
Alas! Nobody knew the song.
Here is another music related question which I hope you will All reply to. Imagine yourself walking down a deserted street late at night, carrying an iPod loaded with all the wickedest tunes you ever heard in your life. The sky glows a curious, bloody, Lovecraftian red and a spaceship lands in front of you. As the hatch opens, an alien runs out and grabs and shakes you and says:
"Buddy! Ya gotta help me!I was sent on a mission to find out about rock'n'roll, but my ship broke down just before Barnard's Star and I only have time for one song! Can ya play me some Rock'N'Roll?!"
So, what song would you play for the poor benighted bastard?
My top three choices in order - and that's amazing cuz I can never put these things in order are: Teenage Riot by Sonic Youth, Roadrunner by Jonathan Richmond and the Modern Lovers, Crazy Train by Ozzy.
Honourable mention to Bauhaus' cover of Ziggy Stardust and a series of others I don't have time for now.
Please Gimme Response!!!!!

2 comments:

Angelo Muredda said...

I'm going to have to give up some better choices here to make a suggestion that is simply too perfect to pass up, given the subject matter:
Pixies - Motorway to Roswell.
That'd send the guy back nicely.

Phinneas Q Jacksmith said...

"Fell in love with a girl" - White Stripes