Sunday, July 24, 2005

Ugi's

The restaurant I work at:
I come out of each shift covered in grease and wing sauce. These clothes are washed independently of anything else that I own, by necessity. The grease will transfer to other clothes otherwise.
Things get hectic and I am not sure that I am ready to go alone in this place, so I am hoping that Thursday, Friday and Satyr-day coming will be Slow, rainy low-volume of orders days. The problem at the moment is that I haven't memorized everything on the menu yet. Further I haven't mastered the relative timing between items that cook together. I burn a lot of garlic loaf.
The people have been pretty cool. Boss 1 is Dino, quiet, continuous, pretty cool guy. Things are mellow with Dino around. Boss 2 is Kerry, cute, smiling, potentially lethal :), I like to flirt with Kerry cuz she's something of a hottie. Tyler, relatively quiet, calm, efficient Tyler has been great to work with and learn the ropes from. Chris - well, Chris is a little scattered and my first impression was that he is stoned a Lot, but apparently this is just his way. Chris is still a decent guy. Kaathrin, she's nice to me, but many customers think she is surly, smile woman! Leah, the waitress I get along best with, she's good friends with Sarah's sister Jess - small world.
My kitchen is pretty small. [This post is on hiatus for retooling, please return]

No comments: