Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The customer is Not always right.

Who uses hackneyed crap like that anymore? Let's get something straight once and for all: Until the customer has forked over money, they are nowhere near Always Right. You heard me. I'm speaking As a Customer here. Most businesses survive on quantity these days. You think the loss of One customer is going to hurt Wal-Mart or Tim's? Wake up! Smell the coffee!

Okay, some of us hand over the money, but surprise! this doesn't Necessarily make you Always right. First off, There are often really obvious cues that people miss Intentionally. Every time? Perhaps not Every time, but when there is a four foot high soon beside the register Where You Were Cashed Through and it says "Returns Only within three weeks" In hot pink neon dayglo letters six inches high, Don't start with the "I had No idea" sob story. 'Sympathy': In the dictionary, between shit and syphilis...

Clearly, there is a little resentment leftover from my times working retail. I just don't care to hear people using stale old dreck. Aright, I am over-reacting. My jaw itches. There must be a connection.

No comments: