Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Downfall

I saw the film Downfall the other day with some friends. Friends who are in full cognizance of how much I tend to talk through a film, especially in the theatre. Yet they brought me. In fact my roommate, bless her cotton socks, Took me to the movie (which is to say paid my way in). Such a generous soul; may that trait never cirlce back to bite her in the ass.

Much to my surprise, I said very little during the film. I was rather engrossed in fact. It is about the final 11 days in Hitler's bunker as the Red Army closes around Berlin. I cannot account for the accuracy of the film in a historical sense, but I presume they did their research.

Downfall is a pretty good film, if you don't mind subtitles. There are those out there who cannot tolerate subtitles, so consider yourself warned. Otherwise, go see it.

No comments: