Friday, June 24, 2005

very very sneaky...

My friends Sheldon and Janet are a pair of sneaky beans! Wonderfully sneaky, prank-prone, giggling and good-natured people, these two. It seems that I run into them, as if by providence, when I am getting too serious about life and need a good reminding to have some fun.

I love practical hilarites. It is appropriate then to recount recent and ongoing plots, as I remember them. In trying to keep things under one thematic umbrella, you will always know when I am recounting one of these amusing tales by the title of "very very sneaky." Yes, I boosted that from an Adam Sandler film, one of the best parts of Any Adam Sandler film.

Here is a quick example of one, before I sign off again:

Virginia and I are driving along and decided (I believe) that we should play Gladius, we being game people and whatnot. The game itself was at our most excellent friend Peter's and Sandra's house. Luckily Virg had a key to their place - luckily, because nobody was home.

In we go to find Gladius, but there's a problem. Hurricane Chaos had struck a day or two earlier and we could not for the life of us find Gladius. What I Could find was the plates and bowls that Pete and Sandra so lovingly use to serve their dinners on. I took the stack of dishes and placed them in the microwave. Virg, being sharp as a tack and quicker on the uptake than a paper kite caught in windshear, began effecting her own disruptions. I tacked sticky notes up in all the cupboards that I had rearranged.

We were set to move the pet rats, too. In the end we decided it was better not to, as it is unfair, unethical, unCanadian, underhanded, undeserving, untoward! to willngly bring civilians into the fray. Besides, the rats are cute.

As I remember, there was a fair arrangement of footwear in the closet too. All feet were used together for modern art. And then there was the Oh Henry! bar... hehehe ahem. Never mind the Oh Henry! bar, you're too young. Well. As we are making to leave, the buzzer goes off and we realize that they have seen Virg's car in the lot and we have been made. We locked up and ran down the back steps in the hopes that they would just go in, thus allowing us to drive away unseen and therefore unidentified.

It was not to be. We were caught by the ever diligent brother, Chris. nevertheless, it was a bit of mindless fun. Pete said it took a few days (two?) to find some of the dishes...
probably that sounds stupid,

No comments: