Friday, June 24, 2005

Later Later Later

Let's face it, friends. Later Sucks. Always and Eternally later does anyway. Later, when a plan actually does come to fruition, is just fine in my book! It's the pause that refreshes. A little delay not only piques one's interest, but makes the endgame so much nicer.

Now, there are tons of Laters happening for me right now. The most poignant example being these words I am putting to page for you all right now. The problem is that I can be impatient sometimes. I am distractable to be sure *leaves keyboard to make coffee*

*wanders back 2 hours later to discover half typed message...* oh...
At any rate. Those of you who know me might well be thinking, "oh this is Jay just ranting his negativity out of his system again." If you Really knew me well you might then think "ZZOOOOOOOOooMm!" hehehe. I digress.

No, this is supposed to be a positive thing. It is just a note to remind us all of something important. When life hands you Later after Later, stick to it. You wouldn't have started if it weren't worth it. It Will be worth it and you gotta believe that you will get there at Some point.

And therein lies one of the secrets to my daily survival and sanity. It prevents me from being stupid about things and god knows I can be stupid sometimes - like that time at the Radisson with the tools the plumber left out, the rusted water main and the 300 betas left on display at the fish convention in convention room C... HoHoHoHoHo! Those were the days, eh Nigel?

I am in fact writing this right now, to reinforce the belief. Unattainable Laters must be changed to attainable Laters. Attainable Laters must be... :) I don't know. They must be, that's enough.

I am going to turn the attainable Later of lunch into the imminent reality of lunch.

No comments: