Tuesday, June 06, 2006

bananas

The spear of destiny appears on my friend's television. I do not flinch. The cursor disappears to an entirely different field on my screen. I am prepared. The dog chews his slimy rawhide and drops it in my lap. Gross, but no issue.
The mice run across the kitchen floor, the tool shed (with the chainsaws) belches dust and filth, the messenger blinks inanely with distant news of migraines and fine dining. The sky streaks itself pinkish, like a week old gash healing nicely. The coffee drips slowly and prepares to start my day.

I am missing something important, but I won't tell you what it is. Many other things fail to affect me because of this, yet I am optimistic. I have been up too long. I am lethargic and pedantic. I should make it an early night. Tomorrow will be a busy day. A busy day makes a happy Jay. A happy Jay has things to say.

1 comment:

SimAC said...

I've been called many things, but... profound?