Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Quarter Finals

Germany vs. Argentina! I am quite pulling for Germany, however if it is well played I can accept the latter winning.

Italy vs. Ukraine! Ulrich assures me that the Ukes made the last round off a penalty gained by diving. I watched the last game and it was more than made up for. Go Ukraine!

England vs. Portugal! I've never really cared for England one way or the other. I've liked Portugal and Figo is right cool. But: Portugal outstepped reasonable bounds last game. Really really. So I suppose still Portugal but no biggie if England wins.

Brazil vs. France! Give credit where due: France put Spain away in style. They were slick. As previously mentioned though, I've been cheering Brazil since 1978. This will Not be similar to '98, either. At least this time the Brazilian captain will not be stoned out of his gourde.

Ronaldo! Lotsa people don't care for him. Lotsa people mock him. Say what you want, the fact is he just set a World Cup record for most goals scored. Should they beat France, the record will increase and be even harder to beat. Turns out most of the world will have to eat some crow as he really Did have something to contribute.

No comments: