Thursday, June 15, 2006

Missed soccer

Not that I've exactly Missed some of these games, but for good form I should be giving you all the info on it. Recently:
Germany 1 - 0 Poland. Apparently the Polish were not too damn happy.
Ecuador 3 -0 Costa Rica. :)
England 2 - 0 Trinidad / Tobago.

Let's make some revision at this point, my fianl take on who progresses and what matches to watch on the way.

Group A: Germany and Ecuador will go through, though Ecuador more impressively. Don't miss the match between these two division toppers, it should be magnificent. I am personally pulling for Ecuador.

Group B: I maintain England and Sweden, but T&T could prove me wrong. That would be pretty cool. England and Sweden duke it out on the 20th; this should be the definitive match of the group.

Group C: I still say Argentina will progress, but I simply will not call the rest yet. It looks like Netherlands at the moment, but that can change... All matches in this group should be good entertainment.

Group D: Mexico and Portugal. Unless Iran can beat Portugal, and with that piss poor showing the other day, it is possible. I like Portugal, but I think Iran has become my one middle east team I like - if they keep it up. Big game? Mexico vs. Portugal.

Group E: Tune in on the 17th to watch Italia dash America's hopes. Also don't miss the Czechs and Italia - I am hoping the Czechs will lead their division. Sorry America and Ghana, don't take it too hard.

Group Ffffffff!: Nothing can stop Brazil from going through. Don't miss any of their games (spot the bias). The only thing that can stop Croatia from going through is if the Socceroos dig deep down and pull off a serious upset. Three points on Japan is one thing, but they will face a different opposition with the rest of their division. Japan, though they have character, well y'know...

Group G: With South Korea leading the division in points right now, I will say there is a chance for them to progress. It is Koreas games that will hold the public i think. I cannot call the rest, except to say that Togo will not go through.

Group H: I originally wanted to see Spain and Ukraine go through. Thanks to the draw between the other two nations, it is still possible. I sat watching the webcast Begging God for a draw. She delivered. Watch Spain and Ukraine.

2 comments:

Roberta said...

I tried twice to send an e-mail to you, but it failed. I got "an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification".

Have a nice weekend!

Goonius said...

Jay, you'r slacking. What happened with Brazil today?