Monday, June 19, 2006

World Cupdate

The following teams are through regardless: Ecuador and Germany, England and Sweden unless T&T can make-up the goal deficit, Argentina and Netherlands, and Brazil.

I have missed a whole series of games as of late and am rather not happy. I Did catch Ukraine making up for the pounding they took from Spain, by giving Saudi Arabia what for. Saudi played with some tenacity I must say, but there it is. I worry about how Ukraine will fair against Tunisia.

Side thought here: there is a book called "the biggest tongue in Tunisia," which I highly suggest, should you ever come across it. In fact, seek it out.

Right, soccer! It is the half between Spain 0 - 1 Tunisia as I write this line. Wouldn't that seriously upset the order of things? Apparently it's Spain been putting all the pressure on.

And with that, I'm outta here for now.
Edit To Add: Spain is through to next round for certain now, following an amazing three goal comeback begining in the 71st minute

2 comments:

Liz said...

I watched my first game tonight. While you, Jay, DID tell me that soccer players were attractive why did no one inform me that when goals are scored in this sport the incredibly hot, sweaty men jump all over each other and kiss?
GO EVERYONE! SCORE!

SimAC said...

I'm all about the soft sell, Liz...